Monday, February 14, 2011

peace at the bottom of a frozen latte


So, while I know emotional eating is not always the answer today was a day of frustrations. I found myself at Panera with a frozen mocha latte to cheer myself up. And somewhere between the observation of hearing some young girls sweat about geometry and driver's licenses "no way my picture is sooo much worse than yours" I couldn't help but think of a patient today that has melanoma glioblastoma, the absolute worst kind. It has metastisized to the patients' brain.

It is very true that everyone everywhere is having their battles and stresses and worries. It dawned on me as I reached the bottom of this fattening beverage that I felt that "be grateful THAT is your concern" feeling as I listened to people around me. Then I realized I'm a total hypocrit. I'm over here sweating the fact that I have exams to comp on and approximately 1.5 days of clinic to do it, and no techs who will let me scan while being so booked (thank you again, snow). Such is life. You gotta roll with the punches, everyone is fighting a battle somehow somewhere. There lies the peace in prayer.

3 comments:

Mrs. K said...

I'm glad you found calm at the end of your really stressful day dear. I had one of those moments today too where I just looked around and thought wow... I am so blessed in comparison to what other people may be going through.

Ry Guy said...

One of the great polar opposites in life is the feeling of sorrow and joy. I think that peace comes when you know that just behind the low is another high.

-Sam I Am- said...

you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me haaaappppyyyy when skies are grey.. you'll never know dear, how much i love you. so please don't take my sunshine away :)