Monday, September 14, 2009

bye toby.


Anyone who is a pet lover probably knows the pain of losing an animal that you have so many memories of. And everyone has probably had someone or some animal taken from them because of cancer. Yet I feel the need to make a post about my cat of 14 years that didn't come back home when he went to the vet just a couple hours ago.


I guess to me, an animal is more than that. Toby was part of my immediate family. My whole family has so many pictures, memories, and stories about this crazy cat. In fact, every one of you reading this has most likely heard me talk about Toby since you've known me. I love that cat. He's the only cat I've ever had in fact.


Here's to you Tob:

-For being an A+ cuddler and sleeping buddy

-For coming home when we adopted you as a kitten in a decorative cardboard box that said "cosmo kitty" on it.

-For racing through the house and sliding into a room in your younger years...so we could laugh and say you were like Kramer

-For following me around the house

-For sitting in a chair at the table when we eat dinner and resting your head on the table longing for one little scrap of food

-For your quirky fear of trash bags, vacuums, doorbells, and yippy dogs.

-For insisting that you should always be in my lap if I'm sitting, regardless if it's in the middle of a book or magazine I'm trying to read.

-For being so stubborn at the vet that to get you out of the pet carrier, the vet had to disassemble the carrier. And explain that he would have to reassemble the carrier before Tob could leave.

-For being such a good pal.

2 comments:

-Sam I Am- said...

Hey honey... I am so sorry to hear about Toby. I lost a family dog last year and know how much I love JJ.. it's so hard. Pets are family and they help through so many things. Sometimes more so than humans. I am here for you if you need a listening year. I'm just a phone call/text away. I'll keep you and your fam in my thoughts and prayers!

Mrs. K said...

Love you friend! Toby was lucky to have you.