Wednesday, June 3, 2009

universal remote is not so universal

I am totally, 100% convinced that i will never have a knack for figuring out the tv. you see, my parents recently switched from satellite to cable...and we have this nifty "universal" remote. but you can't successfully change inputs or other things necessary, so then you must use the designated "amp" remote or the "tv" remote.

4pm...mom's home. she pushed a few buttons and wa la! things are workin.

I had lunch with my minnesota-dwelling friend today. she's about to take off to go work at a summer camp. even hearing the words "summer camp" brings back loads of memories from my 2 camp jobs. By far, the best way to spend a summer is working at a camp...and getting paid to play. I'm excited for the adventures and experiences that await her.

3 comments:

-Sam I Am- said...

I have the same problems Jen. And then you have the high def remote, the dvr remote, the scratch your tummy and head at the same time remote, the pop your popcorn remote... it can be overwhelming!

Kendra said...

I miss camp too :(

phil said...

oh to run away to camp. i miss up north more than anything.

i suggest the next best thing for all of us...CAMPING TRIP!