Thursday, March 12, 2009

a tribute to my grandpa



This is how I will remember my grandpa. This picture was taken a couple of years ago. It's funny how your mind tries to flood with a bunch of memories after someone passes away. Maybe it's the minds way of trying to hold onto everything you remember about them so that you don't forget who they were and what they were all about.

So this is a tribute to my grandpa. He was by far the most unselfish person I've met. I'm pretty sure everything he did was about taking care of my his family. He was one of those people who had such a focus on what really mattered. Someone who truly knew God. And I feel complete peace knowing that him and my grandma are now reunited. And my thoughts go out to my dad, he tells stories all the time about my grandpa and bent overbackward for him til the very end. I know this is a hard time for him. I just can't even imagine.

So sorry for the heavy post, but I had to remember one last time just how great my grandpa really was. He'll be missed. What a sweet old man.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

This truly breaks my heart, being that I just went through the same thing, I feel focusing on the great memories made with your grandpa and how much he still means to you keeps you in the right mindset to get through this peacefully.

God will take care of him. And He will watch over your family during this hard part of life.